Sunday, March 31, 2013

Holidays of mass perpotions



Easter
Christmas
Thanksgiving

          These are the holidays I love the most. Sadly they are the holidays that I cannot do for my children what I grew up on. I loved the holidays growing up. Love all the family, food, chaos, laughter, joy, making fun of each other, etc. Fast forward to mom dying. No happy holidays just a bunch of people running around doing nothing but cooking and sometimes joking. Where did the laughter go, my mom took it. Still after how many years, she has the laughter with her. 
            But now I am no longer in OH, I am in Az where my children have no family besides us. We havnt colored eggs, gone on a plastic egg hunt, started dinner, woke up to a mass of basket hunting, nothing. My children are young thankfully so they cannot understand yet that something is amiss. 
           I will bring them joy on holidays and love. I will pull something out my butt for them to do today. Maybe swimming, and a park. Or maybe just running around with no distractions today. Who knows.
          

Happy Holidays, or happy regular day to some of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment