Sunday, August 19, 2012

Church me???? Who are you!

So hello there.

My name is crazy. I havnt gone to church in a really long time, willing anyways. I had problems with the church we were....I cannot say forced but strongly encouraged to go to in Ohio. My MIL and FIL are big big church goers. I am not and never have been. Well I lied, I did love going to church when I was little. It was fun and I learned a lot. Then I got older and it just wasn't apart of my life. Then I was hated even for not being "a woman of god" and thought of as a horrible person. I was hurt. This was from my now husband's parents. I didn't go to church and I didn't openly speak about God. I believe a great deal in a higher power. I researched different religions when I was younger. Longer then most graduate students do! Yet I was thought of this horribly. Since then the whole church and perisheners thing was a turn off.

But back to my story. I went to a local church that a friend goes to and who talked me into trying. So far so good! There was a couple things that bothered me but not like the 15-20 things that usually bother me. They were warm, inviting, welcoming, wanted me to talk, and so much more. They were upbeat and really just an amazing group. I hope to go again and will be hoping and praying that I finally found a church family that I love and loves me as well...even with all my quirks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment