Monday, July 30, 2012

Just a little fluff....

Okay so you all know im crazy. HEY its the opening line of the blog.

1. I cloth diaper. NO im not crazy its an awesome idea that everyone with children in diapers should do. I have read alot of facts and wow chemicals on my babys butt is NOT okay.
2. I babywear. I use a cheapo carrier but secretly hope for an Ergo, which is WAY out of my budget right now.
3. Thinking about trying mama cloth but kinda sketchy on that.
4. I no longer by napkins or paper towel. We just use regular old fashion hand towels for most things. Why not? doesnt cost anything extra. BO YA! lol
5. Im crazy. Im obsessed with my cloth diapers. lol

So now that you know this you shall know I am thinking of doing some "testing" and reviews on some cloth diapers. Things that I think and want to express since there is SO many people out there who have NO idea how great of an idea cloth diapering is. Did you know in disposables (or sposies) the packaging even tells you to take the feces out before throwing in the trash. WHAT! Okay thats weird but whatever. Did you also know that they have never been able to effectively figure out how long sposies take to break down in a landfill because guess what. IT TAKES TO LONG! Yet cloth which is guess what, cloth, can break down easily because after its last use (which can be a couple kids or a couple families use) it breaks down easily. You can turn it into other thing, like swim diapers.

Plus there is ALL kinds of different styles now, not just the old school prefolds! There is pockets. Pockets you have a hole at the back usually but sometimes front, where you put a insert or two in for absorbency. I like pockets because you can control how many inserts you want. Then you have the All in ones (AIO) which are basically the same thing as a disposable. You do nothing to these. They are all together already. They take extra time to dry and you cannot control if you need mroe absorbency unless you stick a prefold or insert ON TOP of the diaper. But they are good for those no used to cloth. Then you have the old school prefold with a cover. Pretty basic, its the ones people who dont cloth diaper are truely scared of. BUT I have to admit yes I was scared of them at first. UNTIL someone showed me how to do it. Then it was like CLICK OHHHHH I get it! lol There are a few more styles like AI2 (All in twos) and more but these are the most popular kind used.

I have a friend who I love dearly here in phoenix since we moved. Lets call her R. R has decided she wants to make diapers. They are good diapers. Not excellent as she is still getting the hang of this. She has some adorable prints. She uses the hidden PUL method, which I like the best. Its where PUL (the fabric that makes it leak proof) is in between the pattern and the suade. The suade is what touches your babies booty. She has a shop called myGoodness Creations. Go check her out. OOOO and if you really wanna check out another cool shop. I have this friend S. She goes crocheting! OR wool balls and such. Such a cool idea. I have a couple of her hats and have about 4 wool dryer balls coming my way. Her facebook for the buisness is called Hookin For Rent. SHE IS AWESOME! lol

Well now that my never ending run ons have ended about cloth go head and try it! Great minds think alike you know! Questions come on down and ask me. Always. I have an email which is  jn_cory@yahoo.com or comment below. One never knows what questions there are. And NONE are dumb questions in a buisness that deals with that baby booty of yours!

1 comment:

  1. I just typed this out - and it deleted what I made. Thought I would post on here instead of facebook. Wanted to say ever since you talked about cloth diapers I've looked into them. I like them - sadly were getting tawny out of diapers. But whenever we decide on when a good time you have another - I'll be sure to get cloth ones. I liked you friend "r" btw. I enjoy reading your blogs too. ^^ Keep them up.

    ReplyDelete